[Zope] Re: Localizer

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:12:52 +0100

 > Hi,
 > How can I remove a message from the message_catalog?

Do you mean an instance of the MessageCatalog meta type?
Just go to the management screens of the instance, select
the message and click the button "Delete" that is at the
bottom of the page.

 > ${top}top doesn't even exist anymore
 > when I try to export my catalog I've got a Keyerror
 > the message error and the value error
 > are ${top}top and are a link
 > http://127.0.0.1:8080/"javascript:window.scrollTo(0,0)/" !!!

I don't understand this error report, send me the whole traceback.

 > I've notice too that half of the times, I can't access to the catalog
for a
 > pack error size reason
 > there are quite a lot of literature on the net about this last error
 > meanwhile I read that the use of the version of Localizer 0.92 with Zope
 > 2.6 prevented these problems

I don't remember, it must be my bad memory. Send me the traceback.

 > I must admit that I once play with poedit .. I could read that I'm not
 > alone...
 >
 > > Hi,
 > > I have encountered a problem with .mo files created with poEdit.
 > > It seams that poEdit creates .mo files containing null characters.
 > > I'm not sure if this is disallowed or if it's a bug in poEdit.
 > > After examining the gettext.py in Python, it opens .mo files binary,
 > > so this should be considered a bug in Localizer.
 > > Should I send the patch or can I get developer access Localizer and
I'll
 > > commit it my self?
 > > (My sourceforge id is: johanc)
 > > DIFF:
 > > It's in row 58 of LocalFiles.py
 > >
 > > - f = open(filename)
 > > + f = open(filename, 'rb')
 > > I couldn't find any other files opening .mo files, but I might have
 > > missed it.
 > > Regards,
 > > Johan Carlsson
 >
 > It's pity that the LocalFiles.py is still not corrected, if it has to
be ...

It is fixed, in the CVS, though I haven't released 0.9.3 yet

 > I can try out on my local server, but what will happen when I
migrate? (and
 > would it save my translations?)

It will happen the same than with any other Zope object, you export and
import it, that's all.

 > danielle

By the way, you will receive better support if you use the Localizer
mailing list. I am subscribed to the zope mailing list in digest mode,
I could easily miss messages about Localizer in this mailing list.

Best regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software