[Zope] multiple optional args to zsql method?

ben@thesite.org ben@thesite.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:06:05 +0000

thierry.florac@onf.fr) wrote :

>I had the same problem. I think that if a parameter is missing but
>exists into the environment, the SQL template is retrieving the
given
>value from it. As "id" is always defined, changing the parameter
name
>from "id" to anything else may solve the problem, using
something like :

>  <dtml-sqltest newid column=id type=int optional>
>

>Thierry

un grand 'merci', Thierry!

I've been bashing my head against the wall all day today with
this problem - a mysterious Attribute error: __int__ from the
bowels of the ZRDB code, which happened in a vital piece of my
code, but which I couldn't recreate.
I can't even find the culprit names in my code or environment
anywhere.

Should this be reported as some kind of bug, or at least issue?

I'd expect *only* the parameters explicitly passed into the ZSQL
method to have effect, as I use generic zsql methods to handle as
many different queries as possible.
I really don't want to have to worry about what else could be in
my environment overriding optional values deliberately not passed.

thanks again

Ben Avery