[Zope] [LDAP] Does LDAPUserFolder work with Zope 2.6.0?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:36:23 +0100

Colin Sampaleanu writes:
 > When I try to add an instance of the LDAPUserFolder, pressing the 'add'
 > button results in a 'hang', with my browser never coming back. If I am
 > browsing the zope mangement tree, and then try to hit the folder with
 > the ldapuserfolder also 'hangs'. If I shut down everything, and hit the
 > management url again (coming in completely unauthenticated), then I get
 > the browser id/password popup, and entering in a name and hitting enter
 > will also result in a hang.
I have seen this behavious before.

  It has been caused by an ill configured LDAP Userfolder instance.

  When tracked it down by profiling Zope and we found out
  that all the time was spent in the "connect" method.

Dieter