[Zope] SMTPRecipientsRefused

Andrew Veitch andrew@logicalprogression.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:10:48 +0000

I've had exactly the same issue and have been working on it today.

The problem is that if you connect to qmail through the network (as Python's
smtplib does) either the TO or FROM address must be in your qmail
configuration. It's possible to get round this by configuring for open
relaying for clients on certain IP addresses but I don't particularly like
doing that.

My solution was to write a product that changes the MailHost to use the
sendmail wrapper (included in qmail) rather than smtplib as qmail behaves
differently when called this way.

You can get the product from http://www.zope.org/Members/andyv

I've just finished the code today so it hasn't been thoroughly tested yet.

Logical Progression Ltd, 3 Randolph Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7TH, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 466 9585 Web: http://www.logicalprogression.net/