[Zope] Insecure Debugging

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:39:34 +0100

Joseph Griffin writes:
 > I'm getting 401's when I try to debug my Zope site using pdb. This is my
 > start-up script:
 >
 > ***********************
 > import sys
 > sys.path.append('Path to Plone')
 >
 > import Zope, ZPublisher
 > from AccessControl.SecurityManagement import newSecurityManager
 >

 > def zope (url):
 >     app = Zope.app()
 >     bsimon = app.acl_users.getUser('admin')
 >     newSecurityManager(None, bsimon)
 >
 >     ZPublisher.Zope(url,d=1)
 > ************************
 >
 > Any ideas? Thanks Joseph
Seems that the object you activate with the "Zope" call does
something user "admin" is not allowed to do.

Look at the resulting error page. Probably, it gives you
hints what causes these problems.

If not, Shane has a valuable product "VerbosePermissions" (or something
like that) which helps in understanding and analysing
authentication problems. It's the successor of the former
"ZDebug" product (also from Shane).

Dieter