[Zope] My Zope is leaking memory ... Still no luck.

Jo Meder jo@meder.de
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:28:33 +0100

Am 29.11.2002, 21:06 Uhr
	schrob Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca <Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca>:

[Forcing transient objects to be deleted at end of PythonScripts to
 avoid memory leaks]

> Really? Wow, you'd think such a required behavior would be documented ...
> Unless I missed it somewhere.

AFAIK it isn't documented and IMHO it's a bug anyway, so I suppose it
should not be documented but solved. Sigh. So much to do and so little
time.

> I do indeed use quite a bit of Python Scripts ... Problem is many of them
> are part of the CMF ...

Perhaps we have a pattern here. Just like you we use CMF, but we started
with an older version (that was mostly DTML and only some PythonScripts)
and have since then rewritten or at least changed almost everything in
the skins folders.

One problem wrt to the memory leaks we have not solved yet: When we
refresh one of our products that is part of our CMS Zope starts to leak
memory like there's no tomorrow. Restarting Zope immediately stops this.

> I really don't want to have to go through every bit of python script I
> have to do this, and would much prefer finding the root cause!

If you have any success, even clues or insights: I'd very much
appreciate it if you kept me (or the list, of course) posted.

	Jo.

--
Internetmanufaktur Jo Meder ---------------------- Berlin, Germany
http://www.meder.de/ ------------------- fon: ++49-30-417 17 63 33