[Zope] [ANNOUNCE] JTracker simplified issue tracker released

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:37:55 -0500

   The JTracker product provides a simple issue tracker that was
inspired by the original ZClass-based Tracker product and its
replacement, the Collector.

   I decided to "roll my own" because I disagreed with the complexity of
both these packages, the policies and usage patterns encoded in them as
well as the disruptive design of the user interface which disrespects
existing site design. I found it very tedious to use as the
administrator and sole supporter. The last straw was the fact that the
Tracker prevented me from upgrading my own sites to Zope 2.6.x because
it is incompatible with some change between 2.5.1 and 2.6.

   I am using the JTracker for issue tracking on my own supported
software packages (including LDAPUserFolder, MaildropHost, JRedirector
and more) and its simplicity and openness to the administrator users
makes my life easier. JTracker has been driven (and will continue to be
driven) by my own needs and policies and might not be suitable for
every application.

   You can find the JTracker at
http://www.dataflake.org/software/jtracker/ . Feedback is highly
encouraged and can be entered into the JTracker instance at
dataflake.org at http://www.dataflake.org/software/tracker .

jens