[Zope] debian zope instances

H. Christian Gromoll gromoll@eurandom.tue.nl
01 Oct 2002 13:02:16 +0200

Hi,

I encountered this problem: after installing OrderedFolder-0.5.1 on my
local machine and restarting zope, I can no longer connect to the server
at all (I get "connection to http://localhost:8080 refused"). I tried
deleting the OrderedFolder directory from ..lib/python/Products and
restarting, but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

Also - I have a question on setting up two zope instances on a debian
system. I'd like to have 2 zope instances (maybe listening on different
ports?) so that I can set the "production" instance up behind apache,
while I experiment with changes on the second instance (which I'd
connect to directly through its port). My question is: can anyone point
me to some documentation on how to set up multiple zope instances? A
description relevent to Debian's setup would be particularly useful.

Thanks!
Christian