[Zope] ZPT changing javascript (HOW?) - Easy with DTML

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:41:51 +0100

There may be ways of doing this directly in zpts (I think Evan Simpson may
have posted something about this before), but when I got to this problem, I
just put the javascript into a dtml method then inserted it into the page
template.

tim

----- Original Message -----
From: Pedro Beck Gomes da Costa
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 11:29 AM
Subject: [Zope] ZPT changing javascript (HOW?) - Easy with DTML

Hi!

I recently decided to change all my coding from dtml to page templates, but
I now have a problem i cant solve.
I need to change the javascript on html script blocks. A quick example in
DTML of what i want to do and that works perfectly:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Chat</TITLE>
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
 function connect()
 {
  username = <dtml-var "USER_NAME">;
  password = <dtml-var "USER_NAME">;
  server = <dtml-var "USER_NAME">;
  port = <dtml-var "USER_NAME">;
  subRoomID = <dtml-var "USER_NAME">;
  groupID = <dtml-var "USER_NAME">;

   WBChat.Connect2(server,port,subRoomID,username,password,groupID);
 }
</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>

<BODY>
<!-- BODY HERE -->
</BODY>
</HTML>

Someone can help me on how to di this with ZPT??

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Costa