AW: AW: [ZOPE] DCOracle2 and Oi9 RC2, wrong number values in select

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 17:09:49 -0400

Dieter Fischer wrote:

>Hello
>
>I've found a method to get my values correcly, but I'm not very satisfied
>with it:
>
>Giving zope the parameter (e.g python z2.py -Lde_CH, I hope this is
>correct), didn't help.
>
>So I changed the ZSQL method to that:
>
>alter session set nls_language = 'AMERICAN'
><dtml-var sql_delimiter>
>alter session set nls_territory = 'AMERICA'
><dtml-var sql_delimiter>
>select * from zahlen
>
>and this works. But my defaults are:
>
>nls_language = 'GERMAN'
>nls_territory = 'SWITZERLAND'
>
>Do I have now a problem with Zope or DCOracle2?
>
>Regards
>
>Dieter

What is the value of your LANG environment variable?   DCOracle2 is
using the C conversion functions to convert from string results (for
precision) to the python result types.  This function will change its
parsing behavior based on your LANG environment variable setting.  In
other words, it will work when whatever sscanf(3) can parse will work.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/