[Zope] Combined the fixes for XMLRPC traceback, authorization, and authorization failure for everyone

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

Zopers,
For the good of eveyone I combined the work of these
people:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/XML-RPC
http://collector.zope.org/Zope/525/collector_issue_contents
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/242bb7cc2b2c343d802568ab003585d4/3ca90c8928d1c45b80256c220029e58b?OpenDocument

So Amos, Brad and Dieter repspectively. These fixed
modules should:

1) Add basic HTTP authorization to XMLRPC calls.

2) return HTTP 401 in the event of an authorization
failure. (I don't have time to install TCP dump on
cygwin, can someone verify this for me?)

3) Return a compact traceback with all other
xmlrpclib.Fault exceptions.

Links to modules(sorry no diffs, just txt):

http://www.geocities.com/dbasch/xmlrpc.txt
http://www.geocities.com/dbasch/xmlrpclib.txt

I haven't had time to test them very thoroughly so
please let me know if anyone has problems. btw, im
still relative newbie in Zope and im just combining
the work of others here. So, if I did something
horribly wrong, please let me know. It won't hurt my
feelings :)
Regards,
Derek Basch