[Zope] FW: [ZC] 607/ 1 Request "pcgi returns (103) unable to verify if p rocess is running "

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:48:55 +1000

I thought I'd forward this here in case anyone has had similar problems or
has ideas on how to fix this problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ...
[mailto:zope-coders@zope.org]
Sent: Friday, 4 October 2002 4:45 PM
To: djay; klm; Brian; chrism; Caseman; _Pending_ recipient
Subject: [ZC] 607/ 1 Request "pcgi returns (103) unable to verify if
process is running "

Issue #607 Update (Request) "pcgi returns (103) unable to verify if process
is running "
 Status Pending, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/607

= Request - Entry #1 by djay on Oct 4, 2002 2:44 am

Until recently this setup was working fine (for several months) and now
pcgi-wrapper.exe is returning "(103) unable to verify if process is
running". The zope server is directly accessable via http. The PCGI port is
being listened to by the zope process. The configuration file is correct and
a similar setup is working on another server. The process id in the PID file
is correct.

Rebooting the machine fixes the problem temporarily but soon after the
problem kicks in again. Just restarting zope seems to make no difference.

We're at a loss as to what can be the cause of this or how to fix this,
hense this trouble ticket. We have integrated with IIS authentication so
direct zope http serving is not an option. Currently our intranet site has
been unavailable for serveral days while we try to work this out. Any help
or fixes in this area would be greatly appreciated. Here is the pcgi file

 #!C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1\pcgi\win32\pcgi-wrapper.exe
 #
 # This PCGI info file was generated automatically by
 # the Zope installer. See the file doc/WEBSERVER.txt
 # for more information on setting up PCGI support.

 PCGI_NAME=Zope
 PCGI_PORT=8090
 PCGI_MODULE_PATH=C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1\lib\python\Zope
 PCGI_PUBLISHER=C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1\pcgi\pcgi_publisher.py
 PCGI_EXE=C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1\bin\python.exe
 PCGI_SOCKET_FILE=C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1\var\pcgi.soc
 PCGI_PID_FILE=C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1\var\pcgi.pid
 PCGI_ERROR_LOG=C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1\var\pcgi.log
 PCGI_DISPLAY_ERRORS=1
 BOBO_REALM=Zope
 BOBO_DEBUG_MODE=1
 INSTANCE_HOME=C:\Program Files\Zope\2.5.1