[Zope] xron post install problem

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:06:35 -0700

Something strange:
Although I was logged into my box as zope when I unzipped the file, half
the files in the Products/Xron files still have root ownership.
Should I leave it as it is or change it.

Also the file SheduleView.dtml for which I get the permission denied is
owned by user zope...
So I still have no idea whats going on..
TIA
AM

AM wrote:

> As I mentioned in the email....
> I am logged in as Manager. How do I go higer than that.
> AM
>
> Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> AM wrote:
>>

>>> Error Type: IOError
>>> Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
>>> '/var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/Products/Xron/scheduleView.dtml'
>>

>> Come on. This is pretty explicit.
>>
>> The user Zope is running as doesn't have rights to read this file.
>>
>> Fix that.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> .

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes