[Zope] Does Zope Cache Pages?

David Garamond davegaramond@icqmail.com
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 19:23:54 -0700

refresh problems in IE is usually related to transparent proxies. IE <
5.5SP1 never sends a 'Pragma: no-cache' header when you press Reload. it
only does when a proxy is explicitly specified, or when you press
Ctrl+Reload (not just Reload). that's why this behaviour is a problem
with transparent proxies (which are invisible to IE).

Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera, on the other hand, always send the Pragma
header whether there's a proxy set or not. that's why they never have a
problem with transparent proxies.

transparent proxies are used a lot by ISPs, so people often see this
refresh problem with IE. this is not IE's fault entirely though, it's
even arguable that IE does the right thing.

newer versions of IE however (IE 5.5SP1 and up) does send Pragma header.
if you're using an older version of IE, use Ctrl-Reload.

--
dave