[Zope] Generic e-mail processing form

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:54:34 +0200

Chris Muldrow wrote:
> We've got some legacy e-mail forms on some sites that used a single, generic
> Perl script to process form fields and basically feed the name of each form
> element with the values entered to an e-mail. We've set up a generic e-mail
> form processor, but the problem with it is that iterating through
> REQUEST.form elements sorts the elements alphabetically, rather than in the
> order in which the elements are listed in the form. Any ideas on how to pull
> the form variables in the order in which they're listed?
> Thanks! - Chris cmuldrow@fredericksburg.com

Call them:

01_firstname
02_lastname
03_adress

then get them from the REQUEST like:

keys = REQUEST.keys()
keys.sort()
for key in keys:
     val = REQUEST[key]

regards Max M

--

regards Max M

the Law of Inverse Squares. With sound, for example, a source twice as
far away from the detector (an ear?) provides just one-quarter of the
strength of signal. ESP has been said to show no fall-off at all, let
alone any diminution of strength. Well, we must admit that zero signal
won't show any change...