[Zope] LocalFS Security

Jonathan Stoneman Jonathan.Stoneman@ftech.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:56:15 +0100

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 14:39, Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
> I have a setup where every website has its own zope instance.=20
> Every Zope=20
> runs under the userid of a different client, so there is a=20
> zope starting=20
> from /usr/local/WWW/www.client1.com/var running under client1=20
> (directory=20
> is owned by client1).
> Advantage is that client1 can start and stop their own zope,=20
> and install=20
> his own products (or different versions op products that are=20
> installed in=20
> /usr/local/zope).
> Additional advantage is that it is even possible to let customers run=20
> different zope versions for different sites=20
> (/usr/local/zope/current is a=20
> link to /usr/local/zope/2.5.1)

We are in the process of setting up something similar here.  The=20
zope folder option is for customers who don't want / can't afford
their own instance. =20

Maybe we should force customers who want LocalFS to get an instance...

Thanks... JOn

--
Jonathan Stoneman - Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited=20
Tel: 02920 820045 Fax: 02920 820038 http://www.frontier.net.uk