[Zope] Re: Perl scripts

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:15:43 +0200

On Friday 11 October 2002 09:09, Andreas Tille wrote:
> While I'm completely share your opinion in this field I have to face th=
> situation that exactly those target users in mind have no idea that the=
re
> is any other program than Excel and they are not allowed to change thei=
> installation themselves even if I would teach them.  I hope that this
> will change in the future ...

Ah! They probably also don't know what Mozilla is. You can use my Zope-st=
uff=20
to upgrade theirs skills: http://www.zope.org/Members/Bolid/zfriday  ;-)

But in my company, where nobody knew (before I came) what OO is, now it i=
s=20
cool tool for various purposes. Since M$ enforses folks use theirs suxxy=20
unsecure products the one of the solutions is to GENTLY enforce users to =
use=20
OO in this case. How? Easy: provide a StarCalc document as main format wi=
th=20
various functions (you can even put some small description, screenshot=20
whatever) and a CSV as additional format.

Never, ever expect hackers to be able to read closed proprietary document
formats like Microsoft Word. Most hackers react to these about as well as=
 you
would to having a pile of steaming pig manure dumped on your doorstep.
        -- ESR (http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html)

--=20
Regards, Bogdan

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?