[Zope] Zope/Interbase and Backup Functions

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:54:50 -0400

Why do this?

Any gbak operation you're likely to  do will take a long time, and tie up your http
connection.

If you just want to spawn off a backup operation, why not create an external method
that uses os.system() to run gbak

On 11 Oct 2002 at 18:10, Derek Basch wrote:

> Just a quick "how do I do that?" type question. I am
> using the kinterbasdb Zope Database Adapter to access
> my Interbase Server through a web interface. I would
> like to build some DB backup functionality into the
> interface. It seems you need to use the Interbase
> 'gbak' executable or the InterBase Services API
> functions to perform backups.

AOL-IM: BKClements