[Zope] document_src permissions error

Courtland Idstrom court@pixar.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:42:49 -0700

Hi -

I'm using Zope 2.5.1 with Python 2.1.1 under Linux 2.4.18 and I'm having
  the following problem:

I have a search engine built using ZCatalog which summarizes the
documents sort of like google does when it outputs them to the user. The
only problem is that I'm having problems with the document_src() not
doing the permissions correctly. I have enclosed the summarize area with:

getSecurityManager().getUser().has_permission('View management screens',
object):
and also tried

getSecurityManager().checkPermissions('View management screens', object):

For users that do not have access to some of the documents, they are
correctly denied access and the summary doesn't print. The strange error
appears when I try to search for the same thing from a user which can
view the source for that document (I checked using the management
interface). It gives a "unable to access document_src() in this
context". For now I'm just doing the document_src() in an external
method (which also does the summary), but I believe this to be a bug.

Thanks
-Courtland