[Zope] Zope wack book published by SAMS - anyone got corrected examples?

Patrick Ralph patrick.ralph@wiredcloud.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:43:56 +0100

I bought the "Zope web application construction kit" book published by SAMS
and am trying the work through the Myaddress book example in chapter 3.
There are mistakes in the code and I have spent a week trying to get this
simple site to work. I have got as far as getting the input and search pages
working but I can't get the update and delete record pages to work. Has
anyone succeeded with this chapter and can they show me what is wrong with
the code listed in the book?

Alternatively, if anyone has an email address for one of the authors,
Brockmann, Kirchner, Luhnsdorf or Pratt, I would like to write to them to
ask why they think it is ok to publish a book and not offer users the
possibility of reporting problems or getting information on errata.

For anyone thinking about buying this book my advice would be --- don't.
But if you really want to you can buy my copy at half price. (First three
chapters have been thumbed through but the rest of the book is in perfect
condition.

thanks
Patrick