[Zope] Which user mgmt prod/technique for sharing user info with other apps?

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix@chaptereight.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:50:36 +0100

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:27:13PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> >Which of the user management products fits the bill best?  Or what
> >should I read to be able to make a more educated decision?
>
> You can probably script this with SimpleUserFolder.
>
> I'd be happy to help you with any problems you hit.

Thanks for the kind offer of help :)

I've downloaded SUF, had a look around and it seems, well, nice and
simple, but I still have one issue: I need to bypass Zope's (HTTP
Basic) authentication - the users will already have been authenticated
by a separate part of our website, and a cookie will have been set.

So I'm armed with this cookie, and the corresponding information in
the db - i.e. the user and his roles.

Is this a job for Extensible User Folder, or can I still do it with
SUF (how)?

Thanks

Felix.