[Zope] Session from RAM to FS

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
14 Oct 2002 12:11:09 -0400

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 11:56, Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> Hi.
> I would like to store a BIG files into a DB. Yes, I would like to do it via
> the session, because there are should be a pool of several files to upload.

FWIW, uploading big files via HTTP is almost always a problem.  HTTP
POST was not really designed for this.  Just a warning.

> Well, all is fine except the Session is in the RAM. So when I allow users to
> store a lot of data in the RAM, server can go down. Is there some trick to
> store session data in the FS? I mean that session manager, which came with
> Zope 2.5.x out of the box?

Yes.  Just point the session data manager at a different transient
session data container (point it to one you create in the main
database).  See
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Sessions.stx
.
> There was some link of some author somewhere in Zope.org (Chris McDonough?),
> but I've missed it and can't repair...

That's me. ;-)

- C