[Zope] Re: How to use methods from OFS?

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:25:46 +0200

> please read:
>
> Zope/lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/README.txt

Nice, but I think allowing modules isn't the solution. When
I was a newie, I had the same question about the "eval" function,
then somebody answers me that if you allowed that function,
a skill user could make a malicious script which erases information
of your zope server, or even he could call the function itself through
the web. So, I guess that if the Zope developers didn't include a
module / function is because it has some security isues. Perhaps the
solution would be creating an external method that calls the routine
you need.

Regards,
Josef.