[Zope] Zope Product Automation?

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:20:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I have written a product that uses an SQL database and
ReportLab to generate dynamic reports. I then use
MailHost to send the generated report via email.

I would like to add some automation fuctions to the
product. By automation, I mean, "At 4:00pm generate
the 'Daily Productivity' report and email it to
bob@bigcorp.com". A Zope macro (sort of).

What I need help with is this:

What Zope API functions should I use for automating a
sequence of events with ReportLab and MailHost?

The only solution I have visualized so far is to write
an external method that uses mxDateTime to perform
various functions based upon the current _.ZopeTime().

Thanks everyone,
Derek Basch