[Zope] RE: CSV (Was: Perl scripts)

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:30:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Charlie Reiman wrote:

> Well, you can always launch the perl as an external process. But if it's
> just generating CSV and acting as a CGI script, it should be easy to
> replicate that behavior from a Python script object. If the script is small
> post it or mail it to me. I'd be interested in seeing if it has some secret
> CSV knowledge that makes the data format work better.
>
> FWIW, are you sure your Perl script behaves better than the Python script
> you already have?
In the thread of this mailing list named "Perl scripts" I explained, that
I would like to use the Perl module Spreadsheet::WriteExcel which outputs
real xls files.  I'm not really sure that it would work as plaed via
calling Excel directly from the script, but after saving the obtained file
the user would have a file which are perfectly viewable with Excel (and
Gnumeric).

I would love if someone would port this Perl module to Python, thought.

Kind regards

        Andreas.