[Zope] creating static html by export out of ZOPE

Dylan Reinhardt Dylan@DylanReinhardt.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:33:41 -0700

Create an python script that writes content C to file name N.

In Zope, create an External Method with parameters C and N that points to
this script and passes those values.

Then create a DTML Method that iterates over objectValues and passes the
output (C) and id (N) of each DTML Method / Document to the External Method.

Call your DTML Method on the folder you wish to export and voila!  Might
take some testing to get it just right, but the basic approach should work.

If you have a site that consists of a lot of folders, you may also wish to
have your DTML Method traverse inward from the site root and pass along
path info to your external script.

HTH,

Dylan