[Zope] apache ssl management pages

Jesse Goerz jgoerz@cfl.rr.com
19 Oct 2002 09:10:08 -0400

I recently got ssl working on my system and wanted to use ssl for the
management pages of zope.  I'm using apache + zope + vhm.

I'd like to be able to type the normal http url and if a management
screen is viewed have it "redirect" (is that the right term) everything
through secure pages.  Everything is working now but I have to actually
type https://... (oh, the agony) rather than just http://...  In other
words, I'd rather just type .../manage at the end and just log in and
start working.  Currently, that isn't happening, I have to manually type
in the https or it doesn't get encrypted.

Here's the httpd.conf (mind the word wrap):
NameVirtualHost 192.168.100.253:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.100.253:443

<VirtualHost 192.168.100.253:80>
ServerName mydomain.org

# Secure management screens
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !443
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(.*(manage).*)
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/https/%{HTTP_HOST}:443/jesse/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

# Rewrite rules for normal zope browsing
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*:80$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/jesse/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

# A "static" directory within zope
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/nz/
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/jesse/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.100.253:443>
ServerName mydomain.org
    <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile    /etc/apache/ssl.crt/server.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache/ssl.key/server.key
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
    </IfModule>
RewriteEngine On