[Zope] Set and Detect Cookies in same call?

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:30:10 -0700

No, it is not possible from the server's perspective to know 'immediately'.
You either must check for the cookie on a subsequent request. Javascript can
tell you but that leaves you on the client side.

PS. Please do not post in HTML. This is an ASCII mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Jim
Kutter
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 10:18 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Set and Detect Cookies in same call?

I have searched high and low for an answer, and haven't found one yet:

Is it possible to set a cookie, then detect if it got set properly
immediately after? Or do I have to set it in one call, then detect it in
another?

It seems that setCookie puts the "cookie" variable into the request object
regardless if cookies are enabled, so a later in the same call, calling
cookies.has_key always returns true. Is this what's happening?

Thanks

-jim