[Zope] Store a image or file(mp3,mpeg) in PostgreSQL

Tim Freund tim@freunds.net
21 Oct 2002 22:00:59 -0500

Speaking of the Oracle Storage for ZODB -- does anyone know what the
status is on it?  I thought I saw that it was last revised in 2000....
although I would be happy if someone told me that I was looking in the
wrong spot.

(Or maybe that it WAS last touched in 2000, but still does what it needs
to do)

My day job has standardized on Oracle as a data repository for all
current development... so if I can get Zope to pump into an Oracle
database that greatly increases my chances of having Zope accepted.

As for a postgres port, that would be cool too...

And about storing binary data, the common consensus on the postgresql
list seems to say use a byte array.