[Zope] sessions and zope2.6.0

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:26:36 -0400

This appears to be a BTrees bug.  I have sent out a message asking
for some help with how to isolate the problem to the zope-coders
list.  In the meantime, do you think you can try something for me?
In the interest of tracking the bug down, can you bump up your ZODB
cache size in the database control panel to about 4X whatever it is
now?  Then see if it takes about 4X as long to between KeyErrors?

Thanks,

- C

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bakhtiar A Hamid" <kedai@kedai.com.my>
To: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@zope.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 1:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] sessions and zope2.6.0

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 13:23, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Darn.  Well.. I'm not sure what to do.  I essentially rewrote the
> sessioning stuff for 2.6 specifically to avoid these kind of
errors in
> earlier sessioning stuff.
>
> Can you try this for me on the machine that hosts the Zope
instance
> you're having problems with:
>
> cd zopehome/lib/python/Products/Sessions/stresstests
> export PYTHONPATH=zopehome/lib/python
> python stresstestMultiThread.py
>
> It will print a bunch of numbers to the screen as it tests.  But
the end
> result should be something like:
>
> Ran 2 tests in 138.481s
>
> Please report any errors or failures you see during the test... or
lack
> thereof, of course..

here's the printed stuff when i ran the test

# /usr/bin/python2.1 stresstestMultiThread.py
testNonOverlappingBrowserIds (__main__.TestMultiThread) ... 0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
general conflict
0
general conflict
0
1
1
0
ok
testOverlappingBrowserIds (__main__.TestMultiThread) ... general
conflict
general conflict
general conflict
general conflict