[Zope] Exsternal method quote

Passin, Tom tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:14:47 -0400

[ Projekt01, Roger Ineichen]
What can I do if I whould return html code frome a external=20
> method? It always quote the return string
>=20

Mostly, you should not return html from an external method.  Return a
string, list, or dictionary and create the html from that using dtml or
zpt.  That is what they are good at.

There can be one exception, and that is if you use the external method
to run an stylesheet to transform some xml into html.  I do that, and I
have never needed anything else but dtml-var.  Of course, I still use an
older version of Zope, but I do not think that has changed.

Cheers,

Tom P