[Zope] Fwd: Error Type: error Error Value: (111, 'Connection refused')

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:18:21 +0200

AM wrote:
> Its just yout SMTP server saying I dont like your connection too much :)

Small correction, this says that there ain't no SMTP server. At least,
zope can't get a connection to port 25 of this host.
So, maybe be the SMTP server would really like this host very much, it
just never had the opportunity to talk to it.
Ahh, two lone souls, wandering in the dark, not destined to miss each
other - forever alone. ;)

> Check the following:
> 1. Make sure that relaying is allowed on your SMTP server for the host
> you are on.
> 2. Did you provide the correct username/password
> 3. Make sure it does not need secure login

More like.
1. Make sure the server hardware runs
2. Make sure it's plugged in the 'net
3. Make sure it's got a running tcp-stack
4. Make sure the smtp-server runs
5. Get rid of evil firewalls

SCNR,
oliver