[Zope] Query on CMF.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:29:19 +0200

Paul Naveen Raj Jeyaraj writes:
 > I am using Zope 2.5.1 and am using CMF site to manage the pages. With the current workflow, pages under a particular user can be viewed by all only if it's state is published. This is fine. But if the user wants to make some changes he will have to retract the item for doing so. During this time no one is able to view the page. Is it possible to make the latest version of the page available for viewing by other users? Also the edited new page should be made available after it is published. Any workflow available to implement the same? Expecting an earlier response. Thank you.

We do something similar with a non-standard workflow (based on DCWorkflow):

  Its states: "new", "released", "underRevision", "isRevision".

  Objects in the states "new" and "isRevision" are private.
  Objects in the states "released" and "underRevision" are public.

  When a "released" object is "revised" (a transition), then
  the object is copied. The original enters state "underRevision"
  (to prevent a secondary "revise" transition), the copy enters
  state "isRevision".

  When the "isRevision" is released, it enters the state "released"
  and replaces the original.

  The code is not public.

An alternative would be to look at Shane's CMFStaging (part of
the CMF CVS tree).

Dieter

PS: Questions like this are better in "zope-cmf@zope.org", the CMF
mailing list.