[Zope] Event and Scheduler question

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:37:04 -0400

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:36:28AM -0700, Derek Basch wrote:
> I have spent the last few days tyring to work with the
> Event and Schedule Products from the CVS tree:
>
> http://cvs.zope.org/Products/Scheduler/
> http://cvs.zope.org/Products/Event/
>
> I haven't had much luck finding any documentation or
> examples. I can add Event objects ok but I get an
> AttributeError when I try to add a Scheduler obect:
>
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: portal_events
>
> Rather than wander aimlessly through the source I
> thought I would ask, does anyone has experience with
> these products? Feel like helping a newbie?

Sorry, I don't thin kthere is *any* documentation on these things. The
Scheduler was designed for use in a CMF environment, and it expects the
Events tool to be named 'portal_events'. Hence the attribute error; the
scheduler tries to publish an event, and it is trying to get to the Events
tool through that well-known name.

The code is somewhat anal in how you can change the Events tool name
registered with the scheduler; the default ZMI add method for the scheduler
doesn't accept an alternative. You *can* change it on the properties tab
once the scheduler is created.

--
Martijn Pieters