[Zope] alternative to ThreadSageCounter

cyrille cyrilleml@kbuilder.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:34:00 +0200

Hello,

for make incremental counter in Zope I use ThreadSafeCounter.
But I found that product a longtime ago (Zope 2.4.1).

I would like to know if now it exists a Zope builtin
that it can make incremental count and be Thread Safe.

Is there ?
If not, Why don't incorporate a ThreadSafeCounter like in Zope ??

I think a incremental counter is different than a unique id.

  - unique id like : eZ4J8RE8ZFzKop
  - incremental counter : 12345678

you can see that counter is more Human reusable, like accounting, facturing.
Another exemple : using counter for naming uploaded files, done that in monthly log it' easyer to find them.
blablabla ...
;o)

cheers,
Cyrille