[Zope] Parameterizing dtml-sqltest's column?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:52:38 +0200

Richard Wesley writes:
 >          <dtml-sqltest Value column="_.getitem('sequence-item')" type=string>
 > But this expands to having the column equal to the literal text
 > "_.getitem('sequence-item')", i.e. no interpretation is done.
 >
 > Is there a way to do this or do I have to leave all my SQL unprotected?
"dtml-sqltest" does not provide such a way (you can extend it
along the line of other "XXX_expr" attributes. You find examples,
e.g. in "Products/MailHost/SendMailTag").

You can however use the more elementary "dtml-sqlvar".

  The above "dtml-sqltest", e.g., can be emulated by:

    <dtml-var expr="_.getitem('sequence-item')" sql_quote>
       = <dtml-sqlvar Value type=string>

Be careful about security!

Dieter