[Zope] Zope on a Zaurus??

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:39:24 -0400

trying to do that and expecting to be productive with it seems to me,
IMHO, more like an exercise in futility...

i own a zaurus myself and we have jested about zope on it a few times
at work, but when you take the scant processor/memory-resources into
account i don't think it's a good idea.

another issue is the python on it. you have to make sure it has
threading enabled, otherwise it's a no-go from the start.

last but not least you have to somehow compile the C-extensions zope
uses, probably with the help of a second machine that has the
cross-compiler set up correctly.

all in all i'd say too much pain for too little gain.

jens