[Zope] Confusion Regarding Perl Script Object

Jonathan Mark jonathansamuel@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:49:57 -0700 (PDT)

The Zope Book describes Zope Perl Script objects and
says that they are like Zope Python Script objects.
The Zope Book does not, however, show any pictures of
using the ZMI interface to create a Perl Script object
or specifically mention the ZMI as a means of running
Perl scripts.

I have been able to run Perl scripts as external
methods, but my ZMI does not show any Script(Perl)
object the way it does the Script(Python) object.

I am running  Zope 2.4.3 (source release, python 2.1,
linux2), python 2.1.3, and freebsd4.

Are Perl Script objects accessible from the ZMI just
as Script(Python) objects are? Or do I need to create
an external method in order to run a Perl Script?