[Zope] Re: [Exuserfolder-users] Webdav and cookie based authentication: exUserFolder compared to cookie crumbler

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:35:34 +0200

Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> DAV doesn't work with cookie auth. Cookie Crumbler only works with
> Basic Auth folders.
>
> XUF used to try to fall back to Basic Auth if you had specified cookie
> auth, but, I'm not sure if someone has changed the way that worked.

Ok. Thanks Andrew for the fast reply and your work within the great
product ,-)

Conclusion then is, that it is - atleast for now - better to use cookie
crumbler from CMF to provide the cookie-based auth and keep the user
folder in http-authentication mode, if you want to have also
webdav-access to the service.

This atleast works for me now on Zope 2.6 + CMF 1.3, keeping passwords in
PostgreSql-database.

Cheers,

-huima