[Zope] charset in Zope-2.6.0 : Error Type: UnicodeError

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 01:18:44 +0100

Hi viriya,

I detected many products seem to set the encoding to
latin1 or expect latin1 if its unicode.
This is a very bad idea. However, they did it.
You can search all your .py files in the zope
directory for encode('latin-1') or encode('iso8859-1')
and frieds.

It should be set to what sys.getdefaultencoding() says.

The default encoding should be set in a file
sitecustomize.py
which should be installed in your zope dir,
end reads:

import sys
sys.setdefaultencoding('your encoding')

(see site.py for reference its in python home directory)

In every case the bug should be reported to the authors
of the products.

Regards
Tino

--On Montag, 28. Oktober 2002 05:07 +0700 viriya <zope@msc.risurat.ac.th>