[Zope] Tickling ZEO?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:24:02 -0800

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 05:20:59PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Paul Winkler writes:
>  > ... probing ZEO ...
>  >
>  > But this seems very non-kosher. I've never heard of anybody opening
>  > and closing ZEO connections every 5 seconds on a production site.
> You could reuse the old connection and just see whether ZEO is
> still answering requests.

hmmm. i'll have to think about how to do that from mon,
which wants to run a script every so often.
maybe add another layer ...

mon runs test_zeo.sh

test_zeo.sh writes to a named pipe which
triggers a test_zeo.py which is running all the time and which
has a connection to zeo.

test_zeo.py could be made to create the named pipe and open it for reading
when it starts, and have an exit handler that cleans up the pipe.

something like that...

But anyway, it sounds like our current script is *not* the cause of the
zeo oddness, since other people are getting it...

--PW