[Zope] Getting Zope to fetch info via HTTP

Bakhtiar A Hamid kedai@kedai.com.my
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:12:41 +0800

On Thursday 31 October 2002 05:49, Johan L=FCbcke wrote:
> Dirk Datzert wrote:
> |have you looked at the product KebasData ?
> |This product has an integrated cache function
> |and can parse HTML page for special information.
> |
> |I also heard a product called HTTPMounter or so.
>
> Both KebasData and HTTPMounter use httplib to access the external
> server, but what happens while that request is handled? Will my Zope
> thread just be waiting idle, or can it handle other requests?
>
> ~  / Johan

with KebasData, i use timeoutsocket.py to try and limit the time spent on=
=20
requests.  however, this also affects other zope requests.

i've looked at TimeoutSocket.py from cvs.zope.org.  the operative word he=
re is=20
look :P

i havent yet found a good way of tackling this.  any info, pointers welco=
me.