[Zope] Universities on Zope

Bryan Capitano Bryan@capitanoweb.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:30:36 -0800

I am interested in talking with people who have or are developing Zope-based
solutions for Higher Education institutions like Universities. I am
currently working with Oregon State University (USA) to explore how Zope
might be appropriate at the institution-wide level. We are currently
comparing Zope with other CMS products.

My clients at OSU are particularly interested in:
1. How easy it will be to train non-technical staff to manage website
content.
2. How well Zope will scale to hundreds of websites with
hundreds-of-thousands of hits/year.

I am familiar with the Zope literature on scalability and
enterprise/clustering using ZEO. However, if anybody can share their
experiences, or some brief tidbits of the projects they're working on, I
would be very interested to hear.

Thank you kindly,
Bryan Capitano

Bryan R. Capitano