[Zope] Zope and ESI, my problems are solved.

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:32:55 -0800

Hmm... wonder if ZC's PageDesign technology
(http://cvs.zope.org/Products/PageDesign) will have anything to do with a
Zope ESI story?  PageDesign is a technology for composition of multiple
media assets into a composite document (like, multiple widgets onto a page).
This seems to be the kind of situation where you would have deferred
assembly of the composite page from its pieces via ESI at the outside of the
proxy layer (the client connection layer, where th Squid ESI patch code
would live) - with tunable caching per slot.

Just a guess as to one direction this might be taken...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Alec Munro [mailto:alec.munro@eoascientific.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 7:41 AM
To: zope
Subject: [Zope] Zope and ESI, my problems are solved.

Hi all,
I just noticed the press release on Zope.org regarding Edge Side
Includes in Zope with Squid. http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/021030/048171.html
I posted in July looking for just this type of  functionality, and now
it seems Zope is going to cater to my needs (yet again).
I am posting here to see if anyone knows how soon this is likely to be
implemented. I imagine I won't be able to use it for the current
project, but it could be quite useful in the near future.
So anyone who can provide me with more information on details or
timeframes, that would be fantastic.
Thanks,

Alec Munro