[Zope] TAL: getting container of template

Jochen Haeberle listen@midras.de
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:16:49 +0200

--============_-1181124685==_ma============

Hi,

although the TAELS Overview in the Zope help states that the built in
name container  refers to "The folder in which the template is
located", obviously the container of the object the tamplate is
applied to is returned.

But I would like to get the parent or container of the actual
template to build a independent navigational structure. As I know
where the template resides this would be very helpful (my users
access the site in question aas host.domain.com, But I am working and
testing it as anotherhost.domain.com:8080/Folder I am trying to build
a navigation that fits both).

I tried to get to URLPATHn or other veriables off the request object
as described in the docu thrugh the tal-name "request" but to no
avail is this something different or do I need to use some sort of
accessor on these???

Thanks for any help on the way to ZopeZEN ;-)
Jochen
--============_-1181124685==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>TAL: getting container of
built in name container&nbsp; refers to &quot;<font
face="Times New Roman" size="+3" color="#000000">The folder in which
the template is located</font>&quot;, obviously the container of the
object the tamplate is applied to is returned.</div>
template to build a independent navigational structure. As I know
where the template resides this would be very helpful (my users access
the site in question aas host.domain.com, But I am working and testing
it as anotherhost.domain.com:8080/Folder I am trying to build a
navigation that fits both).</div>
object as described in the docu thrugh the tal-name &quot;request&quot;
but to no avail is this something different or do I need to use some
sort of accessor on these???</div>