[Zope] Zope with python 2.1.3, but my linux uses python 2.2

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:21:47 +0100

--=======63E626E4=======

I use Mandrake 8.2 which installs python 2.2 by default and with it lots of
useful modules like mysql-python, postgresql-python (or whatever that was
called), PIL and python support of emacs. That's all great but what if I
want to access these modules from my Zope instance?

If I install a Zope without the binary I'll bark upon having to use python
2.2 right, but all the modules will be there.
If I install a Zope with the binary it won't bark but I'll then have to get
all the modules in there.

How do I in the easiest way get to keep Mandrakes setup, Zope with python
2.1. and Zope with all these installed modules?
Can I somehow import the site-packages of python 2.2. into the binary
python 2.1 Zope package? How?

I hope my question makes sense.
Thank you, Peter

---