[Zope] manage_clone ( pageTemplate, id )

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:33:54 +0200

Drew Nichols writes:
 > Could u tell me how to create a zpt on the fly.
 > I try context.manage_addPageTemplate (from the zope add method), but i get
 > an attribute error for the method. I find it hard to get details on page
 > templates.
You need to read the Zope book or

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

To reduce the risk of name clashes, object creation uses two levels:

   product followed by constructor.

Therefore, object creation usually takes the form:

   destination.manage_addProduct[product_name].constructor(constructor_arguments)

Only a few object types (those that use old style initialization) are
exceptional.

Dieter

PS: Please stay on the list.