[Zope] zeo: commit lock tests fail, zope hangs when opening

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:38:15 -0500

[Jens Vagelpohl [mailto:jens@zope.com]]
> how about posting the contents of that custom_zodb.py, since it is very
> obviously the piece that makes things break???

  # custom_zodb.py
  from ZEO.ClientStorage import ClientStorage
  port = 9000
  Storage = ClientStorage(('localhost', port))

> p.s.: custom_zodb.py goes into the root of an INSTANCE_HOME, is that
> what your /usr/local/Zope/var really is?

If I don't install ZEO, that's where the Data.fs for non-ZEO Zope lives.
This is what /usr/local/Zope/start looks like:

  #! /bin/sh
  reldir=`dirname $0`
  INST_HOME=`cd $reldir; pwd`
  export INST_HOME
  export STUPID_LOG_FILE='/var/tmp/zope.log'
  export STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY=-999
  exec /usr/local/bin/python2.1 \
       $INST_HOME/z2.py \
       -D "$@" \