[Zope] How to pass IPs to Zope, when using Apache?

Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:20:09 +0100

On Tuesday 03 Sep 2002 9:20 pm, Ausum Studio wrote:
> I'd like to use the REMOTE_ADDR key from all requests to my server, and=
> have Apache in front of Zope. Calling that key retrieves 127.0.0.1 as
> expected, given the fact Apache is currently the only one client to Zop=
e,
> but this last should get to know the visitor's IP in order to perform
> tasks. What's the best way to do this?

Have a look in the REQUEST and see what header Apache is setting to conta=
in=20
this information. Im not sure about Apache, but Squid sets X-Forwarded-Fo=
r.

Getting this to happen automatically is on the todo list for Zope 2.7