[Zope] pcgi troubleshooting

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar robbenhaar@espresto.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:58:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Tom,

 any hint on Your Zope version could possibly intesting when mailing
tracebacks ;-> (I actually started considering NFS issues first before
looking at the filenames in the traceback ...)

 > My site works fine when served by Zope (http://www.aim23.com:8080/)
 >
 > But I don't understand the error when I try to access through pcgi on
 > NT4 (http://www.aim23.com/aim.cms)
 >
 >   (<class ZODB.POSException.StorageSystemError at 0061996C>, 'Could not
 > lock the database file.  There must be\nanother process that has opened
 > the file.\n<p>')

 This is a hard boiled error message You get any time the method failed,
for what reason whatever.

Maybe You could patch the code temporarily in
 C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\ZODB\lock_file.py

from
            try: LockFile(un,0,0,1,0) # just lock the first byte, who cares
            except:
                raise error, (
                    "Could not lock the database file.  There must be\n"
                    "another process that has opened the file.\n"
                    "<p>")

to simply:
            LockFile(un,0,0,1,0

and look at the underlying error message.
Either You lack permission to lock, or You have started two Zopes
accidentially, one on port 8080 and a different for pcgi ? (Just a
thought.)

Cheers,
Clemens